How to Fix No Sound on Bluetooth Home Theater System: After completely connecting your Home Theater via Bluetooth to your device(s), the time has come to play some music or watch a movie on your TV. You turn everything on and surprisingly, you hear no sound.
Problems can sometimes arise with the Bluetooth connection to your home theater system. The good thing is that the issue may not be as serious as you initially feared.
Follow this guide to identify what could be the cause of the no sound problem and learn how to double-check connections, volume, range, and re-pair the devices if required.
Tips to Resolve No Sound Problem on Bluetooth Home Theater
1. Ensure the Bluetooth is connected
If you’re experiencing problems with your Bluetooth device failing to transmit sound to your home theater system, you’ll need to start by confirming if the Bluetooth is working and actively connected between both devices. In order to fix no sound on bluetooth home theater System:
- Ensure that your Bluetooth-connected device and the home theater are in close proximity. In other words, they should be within a couple of feet of each other for the initial connection.
- Next, confirm if the Bluetooth-connected device is on and charged to capacity or connected to a power source.
- Go to your Bluetooth-connected device’s settings and verify that the Bluetooth is turned on.
2. Check the Bluetooth’s range between the device and the home theater
As we reiterated earlier, the Bluetooth device needs to be within a specific range in order to connect to the home theater successfully.
Basically, the Bluetooth-enabled device has to be within 10 feet of your home theater for it to actually connect and pair.
However, certain medium and high-grade devices operate with Bluetooth connectivity from a farther distance (up to 30 feet).
These types of Bluetooth features are mostly for larger devices that come with a plug-in or have very large batteries. They include computers, media streaming devices, plug-in speaker systems, etc.
If you discover that the device is not in range with the home theater, you’ll need to move it closer in order to stream.
If this appears to be impossible to achieve, then it is likely that Bluetooth streaming may not be the technology for you right now.
You can check your home theater or surround sound system to see if it has support for DLNA or Miracast streaming (possibly via your Smart TV) instead.
3. Make sure the home theater volume is on
Taking a look at the receiver’s settings can be very significant when experiencing problems with your home theater system.
We will go deeper into the common aspects that can be checked on A/V (Audio/Video) receivers. Keep in mind that your receiver’s features may differ from what we have here depending on the maker and its model.
- Several A/V receivers come with volume knobs whose maximum or minimum volume isn’t clearly defined.
Basically, this means they can be turned in either direction infinitely thus making it hard to know exactly what your volume level is by simply looking at the knob.
So, you will have to make sure that your volume level is turned high enough so you can hear things across the entire speakers available.
- Also, some A/V receivers feature a Muting or Mute button. It usually has no indicator light that will make it easier to tell if it has been triggered.
Try to push this button to confirm that the receiver is not currently muted. You should be able to easily toggle it on and off.
- Check if you’re A/V receiver comes with a speaker selector knob. It may be why you’re not hearing any sound at all or could be emitting a distorted, weak sound.
You may have to adjust this knob differently depending on where your speakers are connected at the back of the receiver.
- Your A/V receiver may come with an on-screen menu system. You should try to check it to be sure that your speaker output settings are set correctly.
In certain cases, you may need to let your receiver know which speakers are small or large as it can greatly impact the performance of a certain variety of speakers.
However, this varies largely based on the make and model of the receiver you have.
- If indeed you’re A/V receiver actually has the on-screen display menu, then more speaker configuration options may have to be adjusted including the speaker Distance or Trim which indicates how intense or soft an individual speaker will be by default.
For example, surround or rear speakers are generally better for ambiance because they will not sound as loud as the front speakers. Thus, you may prefer to give those a bit of a boost.
4. Check and adjust the audio levels on the connected device(s)
If you still have issues with no sound on the Bluetooth home theater despite successfully connecting and pairing the device, then try checking the device itself to see if the volume is up.
5. Unpair and re-pair the Bluetooth device
If the no sound problem persists even after turning on and off the devices, then it may be time to unpair and re-pair them with your home theater system.
To unpair a device also means to forget it or erase it completely from its connection to another device. By forgetting the device, you will delete any saved settings and in that process, may fix any issues you have been experiencing.
There are lots of home theaters and other related devices out there. As such, the steps to unpairing and re-pairing your device may vary depending on the manufacturer and model of your home theater. However, the steps below may suffice for some:
- Go to settings.
- Scroll to controllers and Bluetooth devices and hit select.
- Choose other Bluetooth devices.
- Now, choose the device that is having the ‘no sound’ problem.
- Hit the menu button on your remote to unpair or forget it.
If this doesn’t resolve it, try to pair your home theater with another Bluetooth device. If the sound comes on, then it may be that the previous device has an issue. However, if after pairing with a new device and you still can’t hear any sound, then the home theater may be compromised.
The Best Home Theater System
To enjoy top-quality entertainment, you’ll need to get the best home theater system for your living room.
Having a home theater is one thing, but having one with a Bluetooth feature makes a lot of difference especially in terms of convenience.
You can stream your favorite songs and media from your phone directly on the home theater and even control the tracks selection and volume.
Before you step out to get a sound system, take a look at this selection of high-quality home theaters and sound systems below. You just might find the best home theater you’re looking for among them.
Connecting your device via Bluetooth to your home theater is easy. However, it can become quite depressing if after connecting no sound comes out from the speakers.
Hopefully, the guide in this article has helped you fix no sound on your bluetooth home theater System: . If all of the tips in this post don’t help, then the problem may be more complicated than you think.
At this point, you may have to take it to a professional technician to have a look at the sound system.